This mandrake has glossed over an important post for the readers.
The format in which the web novel is written! This mandrake humbly apologize for its mistake.
Usually at the end of the chapter, in the middle, and some times as the beginning, there is a line:
This usually signifies the end/beginning of a scene. The next scene will probably have a different setting that the previous. It will be used in order to separate scenes to not confuse readers and to separate this mandrake’s notes when it writes them.
Another version of the line is one that is made with *.
This will work the same as the line version but will introduce or end a scene that is a flashback.
Next comes the format for speech, whispers, thoughts and sound effects and actions
- The double quotations marks ” “. Any text in them is speech by the character in the form of talking, exclaiming/ talking loudly, and shouting. Sentences with full stop (.) will be talking. Sentences with exclamation mark (!) will be exclaiming/ talking loudly. Sentences with FULL CAPS and exclamation mark (!) is shouting.
e.g. Mandrake: “Hello! I am exclaiming! Now, I am talking normally. Then I… SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT!”
- The * * signs. Any text in them is speech by the character in the form of whispering. Sentences with full stop (.) will be normal whispering. Sentences with exclamation mark (!) will be whispering loudly.
e.g. Mandrake: *I am whispering. Whisper. Whisper. Now I am whispering loudly like I am angry!*
- The text box [ ]. Any text in them is silent, usually in thought or as text in the web novel’s reality. Any sentence with (.) or (!) is still considered silent.
e.g. Mandrake: [I am thinking normally. I am thinking angry thoughts! I’M SHOUTING IN MY HEAD!]
e.g. The sign says [Mandrake is here.]
e.g. You received a text message. Mandrake: [Hi.]
- Single quotation marks ‘ ‘. Any text in them signify a point of interest with a deeper meaning.
e.g. The mandrake places its ‘pottery slates’ in the ‘Rosetta Archive’.
- The dashes – -. Any text in them is sound effects. Sentences with full stop (.) will be audible sounds and below. Sentences with exclamation mark (!) will be loud sounds. Sentences with FULL CAPS and exclamation mark (!) is ear splittingly loud.
This about covers everything for now. It is tedious. This mandrake knows. But this mandrake knows the distinction of putting and exclamation mark or writing in full caps in the comments; how it can put someone shouting in the readers’ heads and annoy them. Thus, this mandrake will used this misunderstood and abused concept and craft utilities in which the readers can experience its ‘pottery slates’ the way this mandrake intended.